Namecoin (CURRENCY:NMC) traded 7.7% lower against the dollar during the twenty-four hour period ending at 22:00 PM E.T. on September 15th. In the last week, Namecoin has traded 19.1% lower against the dollar. One Namecoin coin can currently be purchased for about $0.54 or 0.00005168 BTC on cryptocurrency exchanges including Tux Exchange, WEX, YoBit and Livecoin. Namecoin has a total market cap of $7.91 million and approximately $5,092.00 worth of Namecoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours.
Here is how related cryptocurrencies have performed in the last 24 hours:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded 0.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $10,371.83 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded 0.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $307.86 or 0.02966954 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded down 1.6% against the dollar and now trades at $0.16 or 0.00001534 BTC.
- Unobtanium (UNO) traded down 13.3% against the dollar and now trades at $80.50 or 0.00775372 BTC.
- Counterparty (XCP) traded 0.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.97 or 0.00018941 BTC.
- Crown (CRW) traded 0.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0522 or 0.00000503 BTC.
- Terracoin (TRC) traded down 2.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0289 or 0.00000278 BTC.
- CHIPS (CHIPS) traded flat against the dollar and now trades at $0.0205 or 0.00000392 BTC.
- PIXEL (PXL) traded down 0.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0059 or 0.00000057 BTC.
- Zetacoin (ZET) traded up 1.7% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0017 or 0.00000016 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “It is based on the code of bitcoin and uses the same proof-of-work algorithm. It is limited to 21 million coins. Each Namecoin record consists of a key and a value which can be up to 520 bytes in size. Each key is actually a path, with the namespace preceding the name of the record. The key d/example signifies a record stored in the DNS namespace d with the name example and corresponds to the record for the example.bit website. The content of d/example is expected to conform to the DNS namespace specification. The current fee for a record is 0.01 NMC and records expire after 36000 blocks (~200 days) unless updated or renewed. Namecoins used to purchase records are marked as used and destroyed, as giving the fee to miners would enable larger miners to register names at a significant discount. “
Namecoin Coin Trading
Namecoin can be traded on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Trade By Trade, YoBit, Bitsane, Altcoin Trader, Tux Exchange, Livecoin, Cryptopia, Poloniex, Bittylicious, WEX, SouthXchange, C-Patex, BX Thailand and Bleutrade. It is usually not currently possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as Namecoin directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Namecoin should first buy Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Gemini, Changelly or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to buy Namecoin using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Updates for Namecoin Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Namecoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.