Several analysts have recently updated their ratings and price targets for JetBlue Airways (NASDAQ: JBLU):
- 3/13/2019 – JetBlue Airways was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “JetBlue has been benefiting from strong passenger revenues, highlighting the strong demand for air travel. As a result of upbeat demand, passenger revenues increased 9.2% in 2018. Passenger revenue per available seat mile and operating revenue per available seat mile increased 2.1% to 12.33 cents and 12.79 cents respectively. We are also impressed by the carrier's initiatives to reward shareholders through buybacks. The company's efforts to modernize its fleet are also encouraging. However, high labor costs might affect JetBlue's bottom line growth. Additionally, capacity overexpansion is another cause for cocern. In February, load factor declined 110 bps to 81.5% as traffic growth was outpaced by capacity expansion. The company's RASM guidance for the first quarter is also concerning. The metric is anticipated to decline 1.5-3.5% in the quarter.”
- 3/11/2019 – JetBlue Airways was downgraded by analysts at Barclays PLC from an “overweight” rating to an “equal weight” rating. They now have a $20.00 price target on the stock, down previously from $27.00.
- 3/8/2019 – JetBlue Airways had its “outperform” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Imperial Capital. They now have a $23.00 price target on the stock, down previously from $25.00.
- 3/5/2019 – JetBlue Airways was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “sell” rating to a “strong sell” rating.
- 2/22/2019 – JetBlue Airways was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 2/15/2019 – JetBlue Airways was downgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “hold” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 2/7/2019 – JetBlue Airways had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Credit Suisse Group AG. They now have a $17.00 price target on the stock.
- 2/4/2019 – JetBlue Airways is now covered by analysts at Vertical Research. They set a “hold” rating and a $19.00 price target on the stock.
Shares of NASDAQ:JBLU traded down $0.21 on Monday, reaching $15.72. 207,054 shares of the company’s stock were exchanged, compared to its average volume of 5,097,495. The stock has a market capitalization of $4.83 billion, a price-to-earnings ratio of 10.14, a price-to-earnings-growth ratio of 0.44 and a beta of 0.90. JetBlue Airways Co. has a fifty-two week low of $15.19 and a fifty-two week high of $21.41. The company has a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.30, a quick ratio of 0.58 and a current ratio of 0.61.
JetBlue Airways (NASDAQ:JBLU) last issued its earnings results on Thursday, January 24th. The transportation company reported $0.50 earnings per share for the quarter, topping the Zacks’ consensus estimate of $0.43 by $0.07. The company had revenue of $1.97 billion for the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $1.95 billion. JetBlue Airways had a net margin of 2.44% and a return on equity of 10.92%. The firm’s revenue was up 11.9% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same period in the prior year, the company earned $2.08 earnings per share. Sell-side analysts expect that JetBlue Airways Co. will post 1.96 EPS for the current fiscal year.
Several institutional investors have recently bought and sold shares of JBLU. Private Advisor Group LLC purchased a new position in JetBlue Airways during the third quarter worth about $255,000. JPMorgan Chase & Co. boosted its position in shares of JetBlue Airways by 30.6% during the third quarter. JPMorgan Chase & Co. now owns 639,349 shares of the transportation company’s stock valued at $12,377,000 after buying an additional 149,968 shares during the period. MML Investors Services LLC boosted its position in shares of JetBlue Airways by 14.0% during the third quarter. MML Investors Services LLC now owns 23,882 shares of the transportation company’s stock valued at $462,000 after buying an additional 2,927 shares during the period. Keybank National Association OH purchased a new position in shares of JetBlue Airways during the third quarter valued at approximately $1,076,000. Finally, Alliancebernstein L.P. boosted its holdings in shares of JetBlue Airways by 5.8% in the third quarter. Alliancebernstein L.P. now owns 2,653,127 shares of the transportation company’s stock valued at $51,365,000 after purchasing an additional 144,473 shares during the period. Institutional investors own 89.82% of the company’s stock.
JetBlue Airways Corporation, a passenger carrier company, provides air transportation services. As of December 31, 2018, the company operated a fleet of 63 Airbus A321 aircraft, 130 Airbus A320 aircraft, and 60 Embraer E190 aircraft. It also served 105 destinations in the 31 states in the United States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, the U.S.
Further Reading: What is the NASDAQ Stock Market?
Receive News & Ratings for JetBlue Airways Co Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for JetBlue Airways Co and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.