Lexicon Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: LXRX) has recently received a number of price target changes and ratings updates:
- 11/7/2018 – Lexicon Pharmaceuticals was downgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “strong-buy” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “Lexicon Genetics Incorporated is a leader in defining the functions of genes for drug discovery using large-scale knockout mouse technology. Lexicon has invented high-throughput gene trapping technology to discover thousands of genes and expand its OmniBank library of tens of thousands of mouse clones. The Company uses an integrated platform of functional genomic technologies to accelerate large-scale analysis of mammalian gene function for drug discovery. “
- 11/6/2018 – Lexicon Pharmaceuticals was upgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “strong sell” rating to a “sell” rating.
- 11/2/2018 – Lexicon Pharmaceuticals had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Gabelli.
- 11/2/2018 – Lexicon Pharmaceuticals had its “hold” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Cowen Inc.
- 11/2/2018 – Lexicon Pharmaceuticals had its price target lowered by analysts at Citigroup Inc from $27.00 to $26.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 10/4/2018 – Lexicon Pharmaceuticals was downgraded by analysts at BidaskClub from a “sell” rating to a “strong sell” rating.
Shares of NASDAQ:LXRX traded up $0.27 during trading on Friday, reaching $8.74. The stock had a trading volume of 25,850 shares, compared to its average volume of 424,991. The company has a debt-to-equity ratio of 8.85, a current ratio of 2.90 and a quick ratio of 2.83. The firm has a market capitalization of $890.83 million, a PE ratio of -6.88 and a beta of 0.73. Lexicon Pharmaceuticals, Inc. has a 1-year low of $7.42 and a 1-year high of $13.97.
Lexicon Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:LXRX) last issued its quarterly earnings results on Thursday, November 1st. The biopharmaceutical company reported ($0.26) earnings per share (EPS) for the quarter, topping the Zacks’ consensus estimate of ($0.33) by $0.07. The firm had revenue of $6.90 million for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $12.56 million. Lexicon Pharmaceuticals had a negative return on equity of 1,247.65% and a negative net margin of 168.23%. The business’s revenue was down 74.3% on a year-over-year basis. During the same period in the previous year, the company posted ($0.29) earnings per share. As a group, analysts expect that Lexicon Pharmaceuticals, Inc. will post -1.29 earnings per share for the current year.
Lexicon Pharmaceuticals, Inc, a biopharmaceutical company, focuses on the development and commercialization of pharmaceutical products for the treatment of human diseases. The company offers XERMELO, an orally-delivered small molecule drug candidate for the treatment of carcinoid syndrome diarrhea in combination with somatostatin analog therapy in adults.
Recommended Story: What is the float in trading stocks?
Receive News & Ratings for Lexicon Pharmaceuticals Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Lexicon Pharmaceuticals Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.