A number of research firms have changed their ratings and price targets for Mosaic (NYSE: MOS):
- 11/7/2018 – Mosaic was given a new $30.00 price target on by analysts at Credit Suisse Group AG. They now have a “sell” rating on the stock.
- 11/7/2018 – Mosaic was given a new $45.00 price target on by analysts at Stephens. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 10/23/2018 – Mosaic was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $37.00 price target on the stock. According to Zacks, “Earnings estimates for Mosaic for the third quarter and full year have been increasing lately. The company is well placed to gain from rising global demand for fertilizers. The Vale Fertilizantes acquisition is also expected to deliver significant synergies. Moreover, Mosaic is expected to benefit from cost reduction actions and capacity expansion. It has also outperformed the industry it belongs to over a year.”
- 10/18/2018 – Mosaic had its price target raised by analysts at Morgan Stanley from $33.00 to $36.00. They now have a “hold” rating on the stock.
- 10/10/2018 – Mosaic was upgraded by analysts at Citigroup Inc from a “neutral” rating to a “buy” rating. They now have a $40.00 price target on the stock, up previously from $36.00.
- 10/1/2018 – Mosaic had its price target raised by analysts at Royal Bank of Canada from $36.00 to $40.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock. They noted that the move was a valuation call. They noted that the move was a valuation call.
- 9/12/2018 – Mosaic was upgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “hold” rating to a “buy” rating.
Shares of NYSE MOS traded up $0.79 during mid-day trading on Wednesday, reaching $36.43. 3,904,070 shares of the company were exchanged, compared to its average volume of 4,087,929. Mosaic Co has a 52 week low of $22.24 and a 52 week high of $35.69. The company has a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.45, a quick ratio of 0.77 and a current ratio of 1.61. The company has a market capitalization of $12.30 billion, a P/E ratio of 33.42, a P/E/G ratio of 2.62 and a beta of 1.42.
Mosaic (NYSE:MOS) last issued its earnings results on Monday, November 5th. The basic materials company reported $0.75 EPS for the quarter, topping analysts’ consensus estimates of $0.64 by $0.11. The company had revenue of $2.93 billion for the quarter, compared to analysts’ expectations of $2.95 billion. Mosaic had a negative net margin of 1.14% and a positive return on equity of 4.88%. The firm’s revenue was up 47.5% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same quarter last year, the company earned $0.43 EPS. As a group, analysts forecast that Mosaic Co will post 1.74 EPS for the current fiscal year.
In other Mosaic news, Director Luciano Siani Pires bought 2,000 shares of the firm’s stock in a transaction that occurred on Thursday, August 16th. The shares were bought at an average price of $29.68 per share, for a total transaction of $59,360.00. Following the transaction, the director now directly owns 2,000 shares in the company, valued at $59,360. The purchase was disclosed in a legal filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is available through the SEC website. 0.45% of the stock is owned by company insiders.
A number of large investors have recently modified their holdings of the stock. FMR LLC raised its position in Mosaic by 52.6% in the 2nd quarter. FMR LLC now owns 11,831,390 shares of the basic materials company’s stock worth $331,871,000 after purchasing an additional 4,080,426 shares during the period. Boston Partners raised its position in Mosaic by 4,666.5% in the 2nd quarter. Boston Partners now owns 8,543,454 shares of the basic materials company’s stock worth $239,644,000 after purchasing an additional 8,364,214 shares during the period. Northern Trust Corp raised its position in Mosaic by 8.6% in the 2nd quarter. Northern Trust Corp now owns 6,680,013 shares of the basic materials company’s stock worth $187,374,000 after purchasing an additional 527,641 shares during the period. Bank of New York Mellon Corp raised its position in Mosaic by 1.2% in the 2nd quarter. Bank of New York Mellon Corp now owns 4,869,173 shares of the basic materials company’s stock worth $136,581,000 after purchasing an additional 58,546 shares during the period. Finally, Investec Asset Management LTD purchased a new position in Mosaic in the 2nd quarter worth $127,458,000. Institutional investors own 74.86% of the company’s stock.
The Mosaic Company, through its subsidiaries, produces and markets concentrated phosphate and potash crop nutrients worldwide. The company operates through three segments: Phosphates, Potash, and International Distribution. It owns and operates mines, which produce concentrated phosphate crop nutrients, such as diammonium phosphate, monoammonium phosphate, and ammoniated phosphate products; and phosphate-based animal feed ingredients primarily under the Biofos and Nexfos brand names.
See Also: Cost of Debt
Receive News & Ratings for Mosaic Co Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Mosaic Co and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.