A number of research firms have changed their ratings and price targets for Brinker International (NYSE: EAT):
- 10/31/2018 – Brinker International had its price target raised by analysts at Morgan Stanley from $38.00 to $40.00. They now have an “underweight” rating on the stock.
- 10/30/2018 – Brinker International had its “buy” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Maxim Group. They now have a $55.00 price target on the stock. They wrote, “Brinker International (EAT) reported pro forma F1Q19 (September) pro forma EPS of $0.47, which beat the $0.45 Street mean, but were below our $0.48 estimate.””
- 10/24/2018 – Brinker International is now covered by analysts at Loop Capital. They set a “hold” rating and a $50.00 price target on the stock.
- 10/18/2018 – Brinker International is now covered by analysts at Gordon Haskett. They set a “hold” rating and a $44.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/24/2018 – Brinker International was downgraded by analysts at BMO Capital Markets from an “outperform” rating to an “underperform” rating. They now have a $40.00 price target on the stock, down previously from $43.00.
EAT stock opened at $49.04 on Wednesday. The firm has a market capitalization of $1.85 billion, a PE ratio of 14.01, a P/E/G ratio of 1.36 and a beta of 0.01. Brinker International, Inc. has a twelve month low of $32.03 and a twelve month high of $54.14.
Brinker International (NYSE:EAT) last issued its quarterly earnings data on Tuesday, October 30th. The restaurant operator reported $0.47 EPS for the quarter, topping the Thomson Reuters’ consensus estimate of $0.45 by $0.02. The business had revenue of $753.80 million for the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $756.40 million. Brinker International had a negative return on equity of 23.89% and a net margin of 4.52%. The firm’s revenue was up 1.9% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same quarter last year, the business posted $0.42 EPS. Sell-side analysts forecast that Brinker International, Inc. will post 3.76 earnings per share for the current year.
In other Brinker International news, SVP Wade Allen sold 1,998 shares of Brinker International stock in a transaction dated Friday, November 2nd. The stock was sold at an average price of $45.13, for a total value of $90,169.74. Following the sale, the senior vice president now owns 8,479 shares of the company’s stock, valued at approximately $382,657.27. The transaction was disclosed in a document filed with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is accessible through the SEC website. Also, EVP Kelli Valade sold 4,905 shares of Brinker International stock in a transaction dated Thursday, September 6th. The shares were sold at an average price of $43.37, for a total value of $212,729.85. Following the completion of the sale, the executive vice president now directly owns 74,068 shares in the company, valued at approximately $3,212,329.16. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. Company insiders own 2.72% of the company’s stock.
Institutional investors and hedge funds have recently added to or reduced their stakes in the business. LifePlan Financial Group Inc acquired a new stake in shares of Brinker International in the 2nd quarter valued at about $112,000. Stratos Wealth Partners LTD. acquired a new stake in shares of Brinker International in the 3rd quarter valued at about $138,000. Sei Investments Co. raised its stake in shares of Brinker International by 913.2% in the 2nd quarter. Sei Investments Co. now owns 3,597 shares of the restaurant operator’s stock valued at $171,000 after purchasing an additional 3,242 shares during the period. Itau Unibanco Holding S.A. acquired a new stake in shares of Brinker International in the 2nd quarter valued at about $199,000. Finally, Ausdal Financial Partners Inc. bought a new position in shares of Brinker International in the 2nd quarter valued at about $211,000.
Brinker International, Inc, together with its subsidiaries, owns, develops, operates, and franchises casual dining restaurants in the United States and internationally. As of June 27, 2018, it owned, operated, or franchised 1,686 restaurants comprising 997 company-owned restaurants and 689 franchised restaurants under the Chili's Grill & Bar and Maggiano's Little Italy brand names.
Featured Story: How is inflation measured?
Receive News & Ratings for Brinker International Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Brinker International Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.