Ripple (CURRENCY:XRP) traded 2.4% higher against the dollar during the 1-day period ending at 23:00 PM E.T. on June 11th. One Ripple coin can now be bought for about $0.54 or 0.00007996 BTC on cryptocurrency exchanges including Exrates, Bitbns, Unocoin and Orionx. Ripple has a total market cap of $21.07 billion and $278.90 million worth of Ripple was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. In the last seven days, Ripple has traded down 9.8% against the dollar.
Here is how related cryptocurrencies have performed in the last 24 hours:
- XRP (XRP) traded 6.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.52 or 0.00008331 BTC.
- Stellar (XLM) traded 2.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.23 or 0.00003480 BTC.
- IOTA (MIOTA) traded up 0.6% against the dollar and now trades at $1.17 or 0.00017418 BTC.
- TRON (TRX) traded 6.7% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0450 or 0.00000671 BTC.
- Tether (USDT) traded 0.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.00 or 0.00014954 BTC.
- NEO (NEO) traded up 4% against the dollar and now trades at $39.57 or 0.00589483 BTC.
- Binance Coin (BNB) traded down 0.1% against the dollar and now trades at $16.60 or 0.00247339 BTC.
- VeChain (VEN) traded 4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $3.16 or 0.00047095 BTC.
- Ontology (ONT) traded up 5.9% against the dollar and now trades at $6.47 or 0.00096552 BTC.
- Zilliqa (ZIL) traded 3.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0864 or 0.00001288 BTC.
According to CryptoCompare, “The Ledger and ConsensusThe Ripple protocol is, at its core, a shared public database. This database includes a ledger, which serves to track accounts and the balances associated with them. The ledger is a distributed database — a perfect, shared record of accounts, balances, and transactions in the Ripple protocol. It is continually and automatically updated by the Ripple Transaction Protocol (RTXP) so that an identical ledger exists on thousands of servers around the world. At any time, anybody can review the ledger and see a record of all activity on the Ripple protocol. When changes are made to the ledger, computers connected to the Ripple protocol will mutually agree to the changes via a process called consensus. The Ripple protocol reaches consensus globally within seconds of a change being made. The consensus finding process is the engineering breakthrough that allows for fast, secure, and decentralized transaction settlement on the Ripple protocol. The World’s First Distributed ExchangeNo one owns or controls the Ripple protocol. It runs on computers around the world, all working together to continually maintain a perfect, shared record of accounts, balances, and transactions. Distributed networks offer many efficiencies over centralized networks. Because the network is “self-clearing”, it eliminates the need for a centralized network operator (and gets rid of the associated layer of fees). Because there is no single point of failure, distributed networks are more reliable. They also tend to be more secure, due to their open source nature. “
Buying and Selling Ripple
Ripple can be purchased on these cryptocurrency exchanges: BitBay, Bits Blockchain, Exrates, CoinEx Market, LakeBTC, BitMarket, Koinex, Gate.io, Bitso, Mr. Exchange, OTCBTC, Kuna, Vebitcoin, LiteBit.eu, Ovis, Zebpay, BitFlip, Koineks, Bitfinex, Coinrail, Binance, Abucoins, Bitlish, Qryptos, BTCTurk, BCEX, The Rock Trading, Bittrex, Exmo, Braziliex, CoinBene, Huobi, HitBTC, Fatbtc, xBTCe, Korbit, Sistemkoin, GOPAX, OKEx, Poloniex, BX Thailand, CoinFalcon, Upbit, BTC Trade UA, Cryptomate, Gatehub, Bitstamp, Bitstamp (Ripple Gateway), Coinone, Bitbank, Bithumb, ZB.COM, Indodax, Ripple China, Kraken, Coinbe, Quoine, CoinEgg, Stellar Decentralized Exchange, RippleFox, Orionx, BTC Markets, Unocoin, CEX.IO, Bitbns, Bitsane and Tripe Dice Exchange. It is usually not presently possible to buy alternative cryptocurrencies such as Ripple directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to trade Ripple should first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Coinbase, Gemini or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Ripple using one of the aforementioned exchanges.
Receive News & Ratings for Ripple Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Ripple and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.