AON (NYSE: AON) recently received a number of ratings updates from brokerages and research firms:
- 5/8/2018 – AON had its price target raised by analysts at Citigroup from $160.00 to $165.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 5/4/2018 – AON was downgraded by analysts at ValuEngine from a “buy” rating to a “hold” rating.
- 5/4/2018 – AON was given a new $143.00 price target on by analysts at Wells Fargo. They now have a “hold” rating on the stock.
- 5/4/2018 – AON was upgraded by analysts at TheStreet from a “c” rating to an “a-” rating.
- 4/10/2018 – AON had its price target lowered by analysts at Citigroup from $166.00 to $160.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 3/27/2018 – AON had its price target raised by analysts at Citigroup from $165.00 to $166.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 3/20/2018 – AON was upgraded by analysts at Zacks Investment Research from a “sell” rating to a “hold” rating. According to Zacks, “Aon’s shares have outperformed the industry in a year’s time. The company’s core business strengthening initiatives, efficient capital deployment, strong cash flow position and cost savings from its restructuring programs bode well for long-term growth. It has recently divested its non-core HR BPO business to Blackstone in order to streamline its core operations. Aon has also seen the Zacks Consensus Estimate for 2018 earnings being revised upward in the last 30 days. However, the company’s rising level of debt continues to bother. This in turn results in increased interest expenses that weigh on the bottom line. Also, Aon’s geographically diversified operations are exposed to foreign currency fluctuations.”
Shares of AON opened at $140.94 on Friday, Marketbeat Ratings reports. The company has a current ratio of 1.93, a quick ratio of 1.93 and a debt-to-equity ratio of 1.06. Aon has a one year low of $141.01 and a one year high of $142.42. The company has a market capitalization of $34.23 billion, a PE ratio of 21.62, a P/E/G ratio of 1.41 and a beta of 1.04.
AON (NYSE:AON) last issued its quarterly earnings data on Friday, May 4th. The financial services provider reported $2.96 EPS for the quarter, topping the consensus estimate of $2.81 by $0.15. The firm had revenue of $3.09 billion for the quarter, compared to analyst estimates of $2.95 billion. AON had a net margin of 14.28% and a return on equity of 39.65%. The business’s revenue for the quarter was up 29.8% compared to the same quarter last year. During the same period in the prior year, the business posted $1.45 EPS. equities analysts expect that Aon will post 8.06 earnings per share for the current year.
In other AON news, insider Anthony R. Goland sold 2,124 shares of the stock in a transaction that occurred on Wednesday, February 21st. The shares were sold at an average price of $141.16, for a total transaction of $299,823.84. Following the sale, the insider now directly owns 261 shares in the company, valued at approximately $36,842.76. The transaction was disclosed in a document filed with the SEC, which is available through this link. Also, insider Michael Neller sold 1,500 shares of the stock in a transaction that occurred on Thursday, March 1st. The stock was sold at an average price of $140.12, for a total transaction of $210,180.00. The disclosure for this sale can be found here. Over the last quarter, insiders have sold 9,883 shares of company stock worth $1,391,791. 0.90% of the stock is owned by company insiders.
Institutional investors have recently added to or reduced their stakes in the business. Whittier Trust Co. of Nevada Inc. lifted its holdings in AON by 105.3% during the 4th quarter. Whittier Trust Co. of Nevada Inc. now owns 1,170 shares of the financial services provider’s stock worth $157,000 after buying an additional 600 shares in the last quarter. Bray Capital Advisors purchased a new position in shares of AON in the 1st quarter valued at $176,000. First Mercantile Trust Co. purchased a new position in shares of AON in the 1st quarter valued at $226,000. Timber Hill LLC purchased a new position in shares of AON in the 1st quarter valued at $234,000. Finally, Signature Financial Management Inc. purchased a new position in shares of AON in the 1st quarter valued at $251,000. Institutional investors own 88.62% of the company’s stock.
Aon plc provides risk management services, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resource consulting and outsourcing services worldwide. The company operates through two segments, Risk Solutions and HR Solutions. The Risk Solutions segment offers retail brokerage services, including affinity products, managing general underwriting, placement, captive management services, and data and analytics; risk management solutions for property liability, general liability, professional liability, directors' and officers' liability, transaction liability, cyber liability, workers' compensation, and various healthcare products; and health and benefits consulting services comprising structuring, funding, and administering employee benefit programs.
Receive News & Ratings for Aon Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Aon and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.