Ethereum Classic (CURRENCY:ETC) traded 2.2% lower against the U.S. dollar during the 24-hour period ending at 15:00 PM ET on March 6th. During the last seven days, Ethereum Classic has traded 21.9% lower against the U.S. dollar. Ethereum Classic has a total market cap of $2.00 billion and $182.13 million worth of Ethereum Classic was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. One Ethereum Classic coin can now be bought for approximately $19.94 or 0.00218237 BTC on exchanges including Upbit, Tidebit, Liqui and EXX.
Here’s how related cryptocurrencies have performed during the last 24 hours:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded up 0.4% against the dollar and now trades at $9,188.38 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Ethereum (ETH) traded 0.8% lower against the dollar and now trades at $688.25 or 0.07534150 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded up 2.7% against the dollar and now trades at $1,070.14 or 0.11714600 BTC.
- Litecoin (LTC) traded 2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $175.21 or 0.01918000 BTC.
- Monero (XMR) traded 3.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $248.48 or 0.02720090 BTC.
- RaiBlocks (XRB) traded up 32.3% against the dollar and now trades at $18.58 or 0.00186028 BTC.
- Nano (NANO) traded up 3.8% against the dollar and now trades at $10.93 or 0.00119614 BTC.
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) traded down 1.5% against the dollar and now trades at $78.45 or 0.00858757 BTC.
- Zcash (ZEC) traded 0.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $283.24 or 0.03100600 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded down 0.6% against the dollar and now trades at $2.41 or 0.00026356 BTC.
Ethereum Classic Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “Ethereum Classic is an attempt at keeping the Ethereum blockchain unaltered by the part of the community that opposed the hard fork and the return of The DAO funds. It started trading on Poloniex and is getting more and more traction. The Ethereum Classic mission statement is: “We believe in decentralized, censorship-resistant, permissionless blockchains. We believe in the original vision of Ethereum as a world computer you can’t shut down, running irreversible smart contracts. We believe in a strong separation of concerns, where system forks are only possible in order to correct actual platform bugs, not to bail out failed contracts and special interests. We believe in censorship-resistant platform that can be actually trusted – by anyone.” Our block explorer data: total coins supply, total network hash rate, last block number and total difficulty are freely provided by https://gastracker.io/ In 2017, the Die Hard fork was implemented in ETC, removing the Ethereum difficulty bomb. Currently, there are no plans to move to Proof of Stake like Ethereum, although developers at the IOHK institute are developing a new PoS protocol for Ethereum Classic.”
Ethereum Classic Coin Trading
Ethereum Classic can be bought or sold on these cryptocurrency exchanges: COSS, bitFlyer, DSX, Coinnest, Poloniex, Koineks, xBTCe, WEX, Korbit, Exmo, Cryptopia, Tidex, Bithumb, Kraken, Liqui, Upbit, Huobi, Coinone, BitGrail, QuadrigaCX, Livecoin, EtherDelta, Independent Reserve, Tidebit, BX Thailand, Quoine, CoinExchange, Coinut, CEX.IO, GDAX, BTCTurk, Lbank, CoolCoin, Bitso, EXX, Bitstamp, YoBit, Bitbank, Gemini, CoinEgg, Allcoin, ZB.COM, ACX, Bitcoin Indonesia, Qryptos, Bittrex, Bit-Z, Bitinka, Gate.io, Coinrail, GOPAX, RightBTC, BigONE, TOPBTC, Gatecoin, BitBay, CoinFalcon, OKEx, Bancor Network, Bibox, Cobinhood, Kucoin, Mercatox, Gatehub, HitBTC, Coinsquare, BTC Markets, Koinex, Bitfinex, Coinbene, BtcTrade.im, Binance, Mr. Exchange and ChaoEX. It is not possible to purchase Ethereum Classic directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Ethereum Classic must first purchase Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Changelly, Coinbase or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to purchase Ethereum Classic using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Ratings for Ethereum Classic Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Ethereum Classic and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.