Ethereum Classic (CURRENCY:ETC) traded 2.8% higher against the U.S. dollar during the 1-day period ending at 10:00 AM Eastern on February 15th. During the last week, Ethereum Classic has traded up 69.7% against the U.S. dollar. One Ethereum Classic coin can currently be purchased for about $35.03 or 0.00356143 BTC on major exchanges including Lbank, RightBTC, Mr. Exchange and Allcoin. Ethereum Classic has a total market cap of $3.50 billion and $661.70 million worth of Ethereum Classic was traded on exchanges in the last day.
Here is how other cryptocurrencies have performed during the last day:
- Bitcoin (BTC) traded up 6.5% against the dollar and now trades at $9,880.82 or 1.00000000 BTC.
- Ethereum (ETH) traded 4.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $939.59 or 0.09551680 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) traded up 1.5% against the dollar and now trades at $1,367.03 or 0.13896900 BTC.
- Litecoin (LTC) traded 6.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $223.02 or 0.02267160 BTC.
- Monero (XMR) traded up 2.4% against the dollar and now trades at $277.37 or 0.02819700 BTC.
- RaiBlocks (XRB) traded up 32.3% against the dollar and now trades at $18.58 or 0.00186028 BTC.
- Bitcoin Gold (BTG) traded 2.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $130.52 or 0.01326800 BTC.
- Zcash (ZEC) traded 1.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $470.27 or 0.04780640 BTC.
- Nano (XRB) traded down 6.9% against the dollar and now trades at $8.77 or 0.00089109 BTC.
- Steem (STEEM) traded 2.8% higher against the dollar and now trades at $4.47 or 0.00045470 BTC.
Ethereum Classic Coin Profile
According to CryptoCompare, “Ethereum Classic is an attempt at keeping the Ethereum blockchain unaltered by the part of the community that opposed the hard fork and the return of The DAO funds. It started trading on Poloniex and is getting more and more traction. The Ethereum Classic mission statement is: “We believe in decentralized, censorship-resistant, permissionless blockchains. We believe in the original vision of Ethereum as a world computer you can't shut down, running irreversible smart contracts. We believe in a strong separation of concerns, where system forks are only possible in order to correct actual platform bugs, not to bail out failed contracts and special interests. We believe in censorship-resistant platform that can be actually trusted – by anyone.” Our block explorer data: total coins supply, total network hash rate, last block number and total difficulty are freely provided by https://gastracker.io/ In 2017, the Die Hard fork was implemented in ETC, removing the Ethereum difficulty bomb. Currently, there are no plans to move to Proof of Stake like Ethereum, although developers at the IOHK institute are developing a new PoS protocol for Ethereum Classic. “
Ethereum Classic Coin Trading
Ethereum Classic can be purchased on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Bitbank, Koineks, BitGrail, BX Thailand, Mr. Exchange, Allcoin, Lbank, Coinrail, Coinone, Bibox, RightBTC, QuadrigaCX, Bancor Network, Cryptopia, OKEx, xBTCe, Tidebit, bitFlyer, GDAX, Tidex, Bitfinex, ChaoEX, BTCTurk, COSS, GOPAX, ACX, ZB.COM, Gatecoin, Liqui, Huobi, Bithumb, Bitcoin Indonesia, Gemini, BigONE, Bitinka, Upbit, Independent Reserve, Exmo, CoolCoin, Coinut, BTC Markets, Poloniex, DSX, Cobinhood, Bitstamp, Kraken, Coinnest, EtherDelta, Quoine, Gate.io, EXX, Bitso, WEX, CEX.IO, Binance, YoBit, Coinsquare, Mercatox, Bittrex, Korbit, Gatehub, Kucoin, Bit-Z, Livecoin, BtcTrade.im, BitBay, CoinFalcon, HitBTC, Qryptos, CoinEgg, Coinbene, TOPBTC, Koinex and CoinExchange. It is not possible to buy Ethereum Classic directly using US dollars. Investors seeking to trade Ethereum Classic must first buy Ethereum or Bitcoin using an exchange that deals in US dollars such as Coinbase, Gemini or Changelly. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Ethereum or Bitcoin to buy Ethereum Classic using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Ethereum Classic Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Ethereum Classic and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com's FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.